Client Centered Therapy
- Emphasis on empathy, genuineness, and unconditional positive regard.
- Goals are to aid in personal growth, reduce/eliminate feelings of distress and increase self-understanding and self-esteem.
Psychodynamic/Insight Oriented Therapy
- Increases understanding and self-awareness
- Highlights associations between past events and present day conflicts
- Understanding how unresolved issues impact our current experience
- Focuses on understanding repetitive patterns of behaviour.
Cognitive & Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Attention to the relationship between thoughts, feelings, and behavior
- Includes a skill building component
- Helps to break thought patterns and reduce/eliminate unwanted behavioral patterns.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
(DBT Informed Treatment)
- Theory is rooted in Eastern Philosophy
- Includes skill training & skill support
- Basic Skill Sets include concepts of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness
- Systematic confrontation of fears.
- Helps individuals overcome anxiety and distress